From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [Jakarta Standard Taglib] Cactus + Jetty + Maven2
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:44:43 GMT
I'm frustratingly close to having the Cactus Maven2 plugin working
with the Jetty Maven2 plugin for the Jakarta Standard Taglib.

Here's what you have to do to replicate my current status:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/taglibs-parent/trunk
taglibs-parent
cd taglibs-parent
mvn install
cd ..

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/standard/trunk
standard
cd standard
mvn install
cd standard-test
mvn package integration-test

The cactus tests are in the subdirectory of standard-test. I know it's
a bit hacky having it as the subdirectory, but it's proof of concept
and then I'll rip things apart in the standard directory and do things
properly.

Current status is:

Once you have the taglib parent pom and the jstl+impl combo jar
deployed, the war builds happily, it gets cactified, it goes into
jetty as jetty starts up, surefire kicks in and fails the tests due to
JSP webapp setup reasons. Then jetty turns itself off.

Oddly, some change I made recently has it doing the war stages
multiple times. Not sure why.

If anyone gets interested, a second pair of eyes on the JSP webapp
setup reasons would be cool; as would any suggestions on how the
pom.xml could be simplified or is doing the wrong thing.

Thanks,

Hen