From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 builds (was: Where can I get a recent nightly build?)
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 04:19:38 GMT
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> String taglib now produces a jar with tld in, and outputs the
>>> documentation on the site.
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Nice.
>>

>>> The doc war and example war aren't done,
>>> but I'm very, very tempted to drop them and rely on the maven-taglib
>>> plugin (which I've hooked up).
>>>
>> <snap/>
>>
>> doc war perhaps, but the plugin won't help with examples?
>
> I'm wondering if we should move the examples to being a test system,
> be it Cactus or some such; but also distribute as a 'prove this is
> working for you' test.

<snip/>

Perhaps, though it may be a bit more than what I have cycles for ATM.
Ofcourse, if someone (you, most likely) wants to do all the thinking
to set something up for a couple of taglibs, it'll be easier for the
rest.

> The doc war we can do away with and include the taglib plugin
> documentation in the download. Or as a documentation download that is
> separate.

<snap/>

Prefer one download i.e. documentation added to the binary distro.

>>> The major pain was turning the xml into a tld (as descriptions and
>>> examples were stripped by ant) and then modifying the feel of the
>>> examples so they displayed in the taglib plugin. Not too hard, but
>>> irritating.
>>>
>>> The mvn assembly target produces something adequate. Not sure if
>>> anyone wants tld files separated in downloads nowadays.
>>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> I think making it trivially accessible for developer reference was one
>> reason, and that reason will always hold.
>
> Sounds good. Easy enough to add the tld to the assemblies I assume.

<snip/>

Yeah.

>>> The pom is pretty easy, and I guess the question gets raised as to
>>> whether to pull out a parent pom to make others easier.
>>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Yes, will surely help :-)
>
> Parent pom added. Also Unstandard has an m2 and both it and String use
> the parent pom. Going to kill the old systems now for those taglibs.

<snap/>

OK, will take a look at the parent pom later in the week.

-Rahul