From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 builds (was: Where can I get a recent nightly build?)
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 22:35:05 GMT
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>> String taglib now produces a jar with tld in, and outputs the
>> documentation on the site.
> <snip/>
>
> Nice.
>

>> The doc war and example war aren't done,
>> but I'm very, very tempted to drop them and rely on the maven-taglib
>> plugin (which I've hooked up).
>>
> <snap/>
>
> doc war perhaps, but the plugin won't help with examples?

I'm wondering if we should move the examples to being a test system,
be it Cactus or some such; but also distribute as a 'prove this is
working for you' test.

The doc war we can do away with and include the taglib plugin
documentation in the download. Or as a documentation download that is
separate.

>> The major pain was turning the xml into a tld (as descriptions and
>> examples were stripped by ant) and then modifying the feel of the
>> examples so they displayed in the taglib plugin. Not too hard, but
>> irritating.
>>
>> The mvn assembly target produces something adequate. Not sure if
>> anyone wants tld files separated in downloads nowadays.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> I think making it trivially accessible for developer reference was one
> reason, and that reason will always hold.

Sounds good. Easy enough to add the tld to the assemblies I assume.

>> The pom is pretty easy, and I guess the question gets raised as to
>> whether to pull out a parent pom to make others easier.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> Yes, will surely help :-)

Parent pom added. Also Unstandard has an m2 and both it and String use
the parent pom. Going to kill the old systems now for those taglibs.

Hen