From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 builds (was: Where can I get a recent nightly build?)
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 09:34:43 GMT
String taglib now produces a jar with tld in, and outputs the
documentation on the site. The doc war and example war aren't done,
but I'm very, very tempted to drop them and rely on the maven-taglib
plugin (which I've hooked up).

The major pain was turning the xml into a tld (as descriptions and
examples were stripped by ant) and then modifying the feel of the
examples so they displayed in the taglib plugin. Not too hard, but
irritating.

The mvn assembly target produces something adequate. Not sure if
anyone wants tld files separated in downloads nowadays.

The other question that springs to mind is the 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 support.
IIRC 1.1=Tomcat3, 1.2=Tomcat4, 2.0=Tomcat5 and 2.1=Tomcat6. I couldn't
give a rats for Tomcat3 and 4 :) So am happy to skip the
autogeneration concept.

The pom is pretty easy, and I guess the question gets raised as to
whether to pull out a parent pom to make others easier.

Hen