From Karl von Randow <k...@xk72.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Unstandard Taglib creation/release (and future of Taglibs)
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 01:16:04 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Karl von Randow <karl@xk72.com> wrote:
>> Great. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. So once the chaff is cut from the
>> taglibs project, what "is" unstandard?
>
> It's the things that would be in JSTL if it was an open source project
> and not tied to a spec.
>
> Probably not the best name. It was a cheeky/quirky thing I kicked off
> when JSTL came out based on things that new JSTL users were asking
> for.
You're right: it's what you need as a companion to Standard to make JSP
development better... all the things that you'd like to do without
writing scriptlets or beans. So in that sense a name that is tied to
Standard makes very good sense.

The changes I committed to <input> last month bring it up to a very
usable level and are quite extended from the previous version (backwards
compatible, though) so it would make sense to release it on the back of
a new "unstandard" platform.

So let's get cracking. What do we need to do? (with the caveat that we
all have no time, but at least we can have a plan).

cheers,
Karl