From Karl von Randow <k...@xk72.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Unstandard Taglib creation/release (and future of Taglibs)
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 05:39:52 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Had a vague memory it might be - but always best to bid low as such
> and force activity :) Sounds like one to look at including in
> Unstandard. By merging the small taglibs together I think we can get
> enough overlap to increase activity.
Great. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. So once the chaff is cut from the
taglibs project, what "is" unstandard? Is it just a bundle of what's
left? I imagine that the intention is that the tag libraries would still
have separate URIs and thus separate prefixes when in use, so
"unstandard" is just a brand that we put on the collection of tag
libraries and presumably they can all be downloaded together as one jar.

Is "unstandard" the best name for what this is? I'm not sure if that's
the final name or just a place-holder. It feels pejorative and
cheeky/quirky at the same time; I like the later and dislike the former
so I raise it as a potential discussion issue. Perhaps once we see
clearly what might be included in the package it would be a better time
to revisit it.

cheers,
Karl