From Karl von Randow <k...@xk72.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Unstandard Taglib creation/release (and future of Taglibs)
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 22:04:05 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> * Input. I don't think anyone is using this anymore.

On the Input tag library:

I've committed a whole bag of fixes and improvements recently and I
think it is still a useful library. I have had several email exchanges
regarding the changes so I think there are people out there are using it.

It suffers from the same problem as the other tag libraries: too small
to make much noise about, potentially quite useful and solves a problem
in an unobtrusive way (ie. it's not part of a framework). Because
they're small there's not much reason for people to enthuse about them,
or perhaps even opportunity to find out about them.

I believe that the input tag library solves a useful problem and as such
is worth hanging on to - so I request that it remains on the list or at
least a part of unstandard.

cheers,
Karl