From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn and build question
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:17:44 GMT
On 4/15/06, mh983 <mh983@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a patch I'd like to submit, but I'm having a
> tough time with subversion.  Not too long ago, when it
> was CVS, I managed to get all of the source brought
> down and get the build.properties and
> common.properties and such just right to make it
> compile.
>
> Now I'm trying to grab the latest copy of the code
> from svn.  I'm not even sure of the url.  I at first
> did:
>
> svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper
>
> but this started downloading all versions.
>
> In particular, I want input.  So I tried
> <...snip...>taglibs/proper/input/trunk
>
> That worked nicely to get me the 'input' files.  But
> then I'm missing common.xml and common.properties and
> "ant dist" got me nowhere.  Then I tried
> taglibs/trunks-proper to get the common files, but the
> directory structure then wasn't right.
>
> needless to say, I'm very confused right now about
> what exactly to checkout and how the directory
> structure should be.
>
> thanks for any suggestions you may have.

<snip/>

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sourcedist.html

You're on the right track. Basically, in this case,

taglibs/
    all common files
    src/
    input/

After setting up properties files, adjust overall build command in
build.xml in taglibs/ (depends="prepare,dist.documentation,input").
Run ant in taglibs/

Ping again if you have more questions. Not sure how active the input
taglib is, but thanks in advance for any patches.

-Rahul