From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: html taglibs
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:59:27 GMT
On 10/27/05, pat.turner@barclays.co.uk <pat.turner@barclays.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> apologies if this is an old question, but I've looked around and can't
> seem
> to find what I want.
>
> I'm trying to find a taglib which will allow me to write standard html
> tags,
> with the facility to use EL within the attributes. For example, in order
> get a label assigned to a checkbox within an iterator tag I would like to
> use something like this:
>
> <c:forEach var="item" items="${container.list}" varStatus="iStatus">
> property="status" indexed="true" value="on" />
> <xhtml-el:label for="cb${cStatus.count}"/>
> <c:out value="${item.label}" />
> </xhtml-el:label>
> </c:forEach>

If the above doesn't work, it's probably because you're mixing literals and
expressions in your attribute values, and you appear to be referencing
'cStatus' after defining 'iStatus'. So, for example:

styleId="cb${cStatus.count}" --> styleId='${"cb" + iStatus.count}'

--
Martin Cooper

I have a similar need to control a <div> and other html tags in this way