From Rahul Akolkar <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rhino JavaScript taglib
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:54:06 GMT
On 9/14/05, Jon Brisbin <jon.brisbin@npcinternational.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> Where the BSF taglib has two tags, I have only one. If the returned
> result is anything other than Undefined, it'll try to print it out, just
> like the BSF tag 'expression'.
>
> Is there any interest in taking a look at it and seeing if it would make
> sense to put it in the sandbox?
<snap/>

John -

Thanks for offering to contribute to Jakarta Taglibs.

Some assorted feedback:
1) Not sure what the licensing is for Rhino, we'll have to check to see
how that will work (for the examples war file etc.), but I'm sure the
BSF folks would know.
2) Since this is closely related to the BSF Taglib, can this be made
into an enhancement of the BSF tags or some new BSF tags? If you think
that makes sense, that might be a better approach.
3) Is the code in the shape and form needed by Taglibs (source tree
layout etc.)? Can you post it publicly for other devs/users to look at?

Finally, as Felipe suggests, waiting till the Taglibs transition to
Jakarta Silk is complete will ensure you a wider audience, so you should
plan to socialize this on the Silk lists as well (when they get created
- watch the Jakarta web space for that).

Thanks again,
-Rahul