From Felipe Leme <jakartalis...@felipeal.net>
Subject Re: [Standard] Applying patches
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:02:28 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Hmm. So maybe we shouldn't be moving Standard to subproject level,
> maybe we should just be planning to put Standard into dormancy.

Haven't thought about that, but it could be an option. Anyway, I think
we should ask the JSTL EG group about its plan first - I don't like the
way Sun has silently hijacked JSTL to Glassfish (*), so let's not do the
same.

-- Felipe

* although I don't blame them, given the current status of our project
and to the fact that technically speaking the JSTL RI was the JWSDP, and
not the Jakarta Taglibs itself. Besides, now that JSTL will be part of
Java EE, it makes sense for the JSTL RI be the Java EE RI, as it was the
case for the Servlet and JSP RIs.