From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Standard] Applying patches
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:31:41 GMT
On 9/17/05, Rahul Akolkar <rahul@apache.org> wrote:
> On 9/15/05, Felipe Leme <jakartalists1@felipeal.net> wrote:
> > Rahul,
> >
> > AFAIK, we are all developers for all taglibs, so please feel free to
> > apply the patches yourself without review if you are confident to do so.
> <snip/>
>
> Just broadcasting my intent to see if anyone has anything insightful to
> say ;-)
>

> > Of course, a peer review would be nice, but giving the current status of
> > the project, I wouldn't count on that. In fact, I have the feeling that
> > the even the Standard taglibs are going to be dormant, as JSTL 1.2 is
> > now being developed at Glassfish (I just realized it these days - we
> > have not talked about it on the list and I guess Sun just opted for this
> > path as Glassfish is open-source and our project is dormant)...
> >
> <snap/>
>
> And indeed, you had quite some insight. Given the above, I'll just leave
> things where they are in Jakarta Taglibs Standard land.
>

> On 9/16/05, Felipe Leme <jakartalists1@felipeal.net> wrote:
> > Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm. So maybe we shouldn't be moving Standard to subproject level,
> > > maybe we should just be planning to put Standard into dormancy.
> >
> > Haven't thought about that, but it could be an option. Anyway, I think
> > we should ask the JSTL EG group about its plan first - I don't like the
> > way Sun has silently hijacked JSTL to Glassfish (*), so let's not do the
> > same.
> <snap/>
>
> Definitely. Felipe, would you like to initiate that conversation with
> the JSTL EG (you might be best equipped to do that)? We're also going to
> have to revisit the decision about Standard's future.

Cc me on that if you mail about it Felipe. As far as I understand, the
JSTL EG makes up the Standard committers and their failure to be
involved in the discussions about Standard implies they're not really
around here anymore.

I'd definitely appreciate if you took the lead on it (it's one part of
the inactivity jigsaw that I'll be looking at next quarter), but if
not it'll slowly rise to the top of my TODO list :)

Hen