From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SCXML and RDC
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:25:34 GMT
Martin Cooper <mfncooper@gmail.com> wrote on 08/04/2005 11:14:30 AM:
> Rahul,
>
> SCXML appears to be a fairly generic state machine notation. Is the
> implementation that's being added to RDC generic, or is it specific to
> RDC in some way? If it's generic, it might be worth thinking about
> adding it to the Commons Sandbox, so that it's available for other
> folks to use.
<snip/>

Martin -

This is a great suggestion.

The implementation is meant to be completely generic, and you're right,
there are multiple possible use cases for SCXML. The current code itself
has mostly factored out any servlet/JSP/RDC environment specific details
in a separate Java package. I will be happy to clean it up further before
moving to Commons Sandbox.

I will draft a proposal for commons-dev over the next couple of days. I
will put both our names (and any other committers who may express interest
via this thread) as the initial set of interested committers, in the
proposal.

-Rahul