From Rahul Akolkar <ra...@minotaur.apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Deprecate Redundant Taglibs
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 02:18:29 GMT

This has been discussed before, but its time for some book-keeping. I
would like to call a VOTE for declaring the following Taglibs as
deprecated. The reasons, in each case, are (probably in the order of
importance):

1) Much of the functionality provided by these Taglibs is now available
via JSTL
2) There are no immediate plans (that I am aware of) for any dev activity
for these Taglibs projects
3) There has been little dev activity for these Taglibs projects over the
last year

For the votes that pass, the respective Taglibs will be listed as
deprecated on the Taglibs website. Ofcourse, the versioned releases will
continue to be available, but there will be no nightlies (Glenn has
already removed these from the nightlies last week).

VOTE (A) - Application Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

VOTE (B) - DBTags Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

VOTE (C) - Page Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

VOTE (D) - Request Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

VOTE (E) - Response Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

VOTE (F) - Session Taglib:
[ ] +1 - Yes, please deprecate
[ ] +0 - I'm OK with this
[ ] -0 - Maybe we shouldn't (please specify reasons)
[ ] -1 - We definitely shouldn't (please specify reasons)

I'm +1 to deprecating all six. Not to take anything away from the utility
they provided in their heyday.

-Rahul