From Justyna Horwat <hor...@horwat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Future of the Jakarta Taglibs Project
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:12:31 GMT
> [ X] +1 - merge Jakarta Taglibs Project into this new project
> [X ] +1 let's create a new project for these taglibs
> 2.2 [X ] leave them behind (on a read-only SVN access, with the latest
> releases, etc..) and let's create new ones from scratch - that would
> give us a chance to refactor the existing code
  [X ] +1 release a final version for each existing taglib (and a 1.0
for those never released) before "closing the doors"

If there are any changes to the taglibs since the last release then we
should do one final release before "closing the doors". If we don't do
so then these updates may be lost. We should also do the 1.0 release
for unreleased taglibs since that will allow us to use that release as
a basis from when the migration to the new project occurred.

I agree with Henri about moving only the active projects at first. That
way we would make sure that we have the community support for those
projects. We can then move other taglibs on an interest and support
basis.

Thanks,

Justyna