From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard goes where? Was: Jakarta Taglibs as part of something bigger?
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:18:52 GMT
> On 6/14/05, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > So a suggestion was made that Jakarta Taglibs could morph into a part of
> > the new WebApp Commons subproject. Not only would this bring it together
> > with other webapp-building components, but it has the potential to bring
> > fresh blood to Taglibs and revitalise the community.
>
> I just suggested on general@ that in the case of Taglibs moving to a
> web-components subproject, that I thought the Standard taglib should
> move up to being a subproject, rather than remaining inside the
> component subproject.
>
> It's quite disjunct from the other taglibs (as it's a spec
> implementation, large, and high profile), and seems that it would do
> better as its own subcommunity.
>
> Any thoughts?

I think it would make sense for Standard to stand on its own. While I
agree to some extent with Rahul, I don't really see integration
between the Standard community and the rest of the Taglibs community.
They're really disjoint already, especially the committers. I believe
that Standard will succeed on its own, and I believe the rest of the
tag libraries here would benefit from being part of the proposed new
subproject.

--
Martin Cooper