From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing Voice Toolkit 6 with RDCs
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:22:59 GMT
On 6/17/05, Stuart D. Robertson II <srobertson@nvisia.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul.  I've just started playing with this in earnest, and
> will be working pretty hard over the weekend to prepare for a
> big demo.  The toolkit is a very nice improvement I can tell
> right away.  I just pulled down the latest snapshot of RDCs, and
> am working with the test jsps to make sure the basics work.
>
> hello.jsp is perfect.

Oh, it better be (on any platform) :-)

> digits-test.jsp is almost there.  Prompt
> fine, and it recognizes my input.  But I don't see any response
> from RDC at that point, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not
> looking at the correct output, or because something is broken.

Haven't tried 6.0 yet. But this is the information I received about
6.0 and rhino (used by the grxml SI):

Its recommended that you go through the README at (
<Studio>/VoiceToolkit/Readme )

<quote>
If you experience JavaScript related errors, it might be due to the
incorrect version of the Rhino JavaScript Interpreter. The Rational
Software Development Platform ships with the Rhino JavaScript
Interpreter v1.5 release 2, however this toolkit package has been
optimized to work with Rhino JavaScript Interpreter v1.5 release 3. It
is recommended that this version, Rhino JavaScript Interpreter v1.5
release 3, be downloaded from
http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/download.html using the download link
rhino15R3.zip.

Important: Do not install any other version than v1.5 release 3, as
this will cause error conditions with this product. To install the
Rhino JavaScript Intrepeter download the rhino15R3.zip, extract the
file js.jar, and copy to the following directories:

<IBM_Rational_dir>\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.voicetools.es_6.0.0
<IBM_Rational_dir>\runtimes\base_v51\InstalledApps\localhost\WVX5.1-localhost.ear

Make sure you restart the Server after u copy the new Rhino.
</quote>

-Rahul