From Stu Robertson <srobert...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: RDC: Let's get grammars working with Nuance
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:53:30 GMT
Hi Daniel.  That's a very enviable reason for being silent.

No problem.  The work you did earlier was already a big help, and
Rahul sent me some grammars that let me pick up where you left off.
This weekend I worked on getting digits and alpha tags working.
We're soooo close at this point, and maybe you might know the last
bit I'm stuck on.

Right now I have both digits and alpha working to the point where
they recognize the input correctly.  The problem is that I'm not sure
how to correctly set the semantic interpretation to the
"compatibility" slot Rahul defined.  So the logs show the utterance
was correctly identified and built up as a string like "1 5 9", and
that "compatibility" was declared as a lot name.  But its value is
null, so the RDC keeps thinking its a no-match.

Here's the grammar, for you or anybody else on the list who might
know how to do this:

<rule id="numbers" scope="public">
         <item>
         <ruleref uri="#gathernumbers"/>
           <tag> compatibility=$return </tag>
       </item>
</rule>

<rule id="gathernumbers">
     <item repeat="1-50">
         <item><ruleref uri="#digit"/>
         <tag>assign(a strcat($a strcat(" " $return)))</tag>
       </item>
       <tag> return($a) </tag>
     </item>
</rule>

...and the #digit rule is the same as it was before.

The line "<tag> compatibility=$return </tag>" is where I'm stuck.  It
produces a null value instead of setting the slot value to what the
#gathernumbers rule returned.

Nuance is using a very old snapshot of the SRGS spec (looks like from
2001 but I haven't been able to get confirmation), which uses this
syntax.  We got it to work with the simple usState grammar, but it
wasn't using a ruleref like this.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!