From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Standard goes where? Was: Jakarta Taglibs as part of something bigger?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:20:48 GMT

> So a suggestion was made that Jakarta Taglibs could morph into a part of
> the new WebApp Commons subproject. Not only would this bring it together
> with other webapp-building components, but it has the potential to bring
> fresh blood to Taglibs and revitalise the community.

I just suggested on general@ that in the case of Taglibs moving to a
web-components subproject, that I thought the Standard taglib should
move up to being a subproject, rather than remaining inside the
component subproject.

It's quite disjunct from the other taglibs (as it's a spec
implementation, large, and high profile), and seems that it would do
better as its own subcommunity.

Any thoughts?

Hen