From "Daniel Spangler" <daniel.spang...@fluencyvoice.com>
Subject RE: RDC: Plan B for getting Nuance to work with RDCs
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:39:43 GMT
I've kind of gotten lost in this long thread. Stu, could you re-post the
exact problem that you are currently stuck on?

________________________________

From: Stuart D. Robertson II [mailto:srobertson@nvisia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:31 AM
To: Tag Libraries Developers List
Subject: Re: RDC: Plan B for getting Nuance to work with RDCs

http://community.voxeo.com/vxml/docs/nuance20/grammar.pdf
>]. There is a sample retail application on Page 181 that uses
GrXML. Have
>you tried changing tag format to "Nuance" i.e. try using the
same grammar
>root element as the sample shows? I guess you have tried
everything by
>now.

Hmm, I didn't notice that before, and did not try it.  It makes
me really wish I were home so I could try it out now (I can only
test at home b/c of the firewall at work).

Like you, I'd much prefer getting SRGS grammars working than
have to make a big switch.  Ideally, we could just apply some
xslt to the main grammars (those based on the final
recommendation version of the standard, not the one from 2001
that Nuance uses).  I'll test this as soon as I can and post
results.  I'll also see if I can get their example working as
if.  If that works, you're right...what we're trying to do isn't
really different.

Glad you like the wiki page :-).  I certainly would have found
that one useful, so I suspect others will too.

Stu