From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: RDC XSLT issue for WAS 6...any progress?
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 11:59:21 GMT
Stu -- Please find replies below:

On 5/10/05, Stuart D. Robertson II <srobertson@nvisia.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Any progress on the XSLT issue?  I'm still unable to run on WAS
> 6 because of this, and it's getting to crunch time.  I just
> tried with the RDC beta 1.1 release, and it seems the problem is
> in that one too.

Do you think its the same issue as before? The "dead file" [
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-taglibs-sandbox/rdc/src/META-INF/tags/rdc/
] talks about is the get-configuration tag that was not dealt with
correctly in WAS 6.0 (the XSLT issue the email subject talks about).

Let me try to set this up myself, give me a day, and I will probably have
less questions and more answers ;-)

> I'm not setup to build RDC from source.  If the fix isn't going
> to make it into jakarta soon, any chance you could send me an
> updated war or jar file?

Definitely, I will ship the distro war/jar as needed after I take a look
at this [off this list, don't want to attach binaries here]. We might have
to do couple of round trips between us.

> I'm working for one of your big insurance clients, and am tasked
> with the design for how we'll be replacing all of our old IVR
> apps.  I'd like RDC to be the way to go

So would we :-)

> , but am a bit
> discouraged it doesn't work on WebSphere.  We'll be talking to
> someone in IBM's voice group (not sure who yet) on Friday, to
> get a better feel for the tooling direction and maturity.
> Another concern is that the Voice Toolkit environment seems
> awfully buggy, though maybe I'm just doing things incorrectly.
> I'd like to be able to get a simple RDC-based app running in WAS
> 6.

Lets get a simple RDC-based app running in WAS. And I'm sure the folks
you're talking to will give you a good assessment on the tooling side.
More soon.

-Rahul