From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: session cookies and standard.tag.el.core.UrlTag
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:16:49 GMT
Quoting Stefán Baxter <stefan@hugsmidjan.is>:

> Hi,
>
> Testing the tag with browser having different cookie settings reviles
> that it correctly embeds
> sessionid  in URLs even "the first time" something that the other method
> will not do and that is the reason for my interest.
> If some is familiar with what controls this behavior then please clarify.

Are you saying you see a difference between these two:

request.encodeURL: <%= response.encodeURL("/") %>
c:url:             <c:url value="/"/>

There shouldn't be. The only difference is as I stated, <c:url> performs an
initial check to see if the URL is absolute. If it's not absolute, it uses
encodeURL. Can you provide some code that illustrates what you're observing?

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>