From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: session cookies and standard.tag.el.core.UrlTag
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:44:20 GMT
Quoting Stefán Baxter <stefan@hugsmidjan.is>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to JSTL and currently trying to adapt a project that I'm working
> on to it.
>
> Am I right in assuming that standard.tag.el.core.UrlTag  relies on it's
> own/JSTL functions to determine if sessionid needs to be embedded in theURL.
> I see different behavior between it and HttpServletResponse.encodeURL().
> Can someone please explain where the tag is gettings it's logic from?

According to the spec, <c:url> will not rewrite/encode an absolute URL. About
the only thing this amounts to in the actual code is a check for the presence
of the ":" character. If it's *not* there, then the URL will be
rewritten/encoded with HttpServletResponse.encodeURL.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>