From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Precompilation
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:59:21 GMT
Martin, Felipe, Kris:

Thank you for your insights.

This, however, is terribly disappointing. I am sure there are people on
this list who have a say in the community process that governs the
evolution of the spec/technology, and it would be my personal plea to all
of them to push for some portability in JSP compilation at the earliest
opportunity (and if personal pleas don't move you, this clearly has a
detrimental effect on the entire JSP dev/user population). Your time and
effort will be appreciated by many.

Is there another (more appropriate) forum where I (we?) should post this
plea?

In the meantime, I'd be very happy if someone can propose a workable
solution. Kris, please let me know if you ever get your idea going.

Thanks,
-Rahul