From Justyna Horwat <Justyna.Hor...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Struts EL tag library stability
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:59:56 GMT
Hi Martin,

I looked over your requirements and there is another solution you may
consider looking into: JavaServer Faces. JSF contains tags for building
HTML based user interfaces and also has the notion of an EL. JSF works
in a JSP 1.2/Servlet 2.3 container.

The JSF RI source code and snapshots are available through java.net here:

http://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net

There is also another open implementation called MyFaces available here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/myfaces

You will notice that the EL in JSF is different and builds upon the
commons EL in order to support the JSF lifecycle.

There is also a Struts-Faces integration library which allows you to use
JSF in conjunction with Struts:

http://struts.apache.org/faqs/kickstart.html#jsf

Thanks,

Justyna