From Abey Mullassery <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL New Search Tag library
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:34:48 GMT

I wonder why the Lucene taglib was not added to the sandbox!

Anyway I personally need to a set of tags for search. So I will take a
look at it.

Lucene will need a few more components to make it an easy search
solution for a website (like Analyzers for various document types and a
crawler).

My initial impression about JSearch is that it has lot of featires
required for a website search engine. But I need to verify that it does
no have any licensing issues (I think it is okay for personal use but
may not be for distribution with a taglib or so).

Let me know your comments.

Regards,

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com