From mike <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: [Image] New Button Tag and Text Tag with HTML rendering capability
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:34:02 GMT
Hello, Abey,

I was getting a page not available error, but have now seen your work. Very
nice.  I think there is too much antialiazing, however.  I have
experimented with trying to get a better "look" to the printing, and think
I have succeeded.  Assuming my laptop is running, the URL
http://131.191.40.91:14567/testText.jsp has a demonstration.  The images
named "mable", "submit" and "yahoo" are made with the code changes, and the
"myButton2", "myButton3", "myButton4" and "myButton5" are from your
classes.  I stole most of the code and am still "fitzing" about with it.  I
first read/load any GIF and resize it to the text I am going to use
(ButtonFactory.resize()) and make it transparent, writing it with whatever
name I want.  Then, I read the new GIF and add the new text.  I think some
of the (int) casts may be affecting the quality of the letters in your
code.  I admit, however, that my knowledge is really, really, scanty and I
may be full of blarney on everything.

If you would like to see the code, how do I get it to the people on the list?

Michael