From Justyna Horwat <Justyna.Hor...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Changes in Taglib handling from Tomcat 4.0.5 to 4.1.24 ?
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:11:26 GMT
Take a look at the developer guideline for tag lifecycle management:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/guidelines.html

Another good reference is Hans Bergsten's article and his description of
Tag Handler lifecycle and instance re-use:

http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/1250

If you find that you are having issues as a result of the container tag
pooling, you can turn it off in Tomcat by setting the init parameter
"enablePooling" to "false" in your global $CATALINA_BASE/conf/ web.xml.

Thanks,

Justyna

Markus Zänglein wrote:

> HI
>
> I developed some own taglibs for an web application running on Tomcat 4.0.5, obeying
the spec
> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
>
> Now I've upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.24 and I recognized some problems with certain tags.
>
> It seems, that Tomcat caches some data from one request to another.
> My so called "listItem-tag", which is to iterate a collection and print out some properties
of the list elements, does show list items that have been deleted during the request before.

> so one can think, that the deletion has not worked correctly. Instead, looking into the
database makes clear, that the entry has been deleted successfully.