From Abey Mullassery <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Re: [Image] New Button Tag and Text Tag with HTML rendering capability
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:12:43 GMT

You cannot "steal" open source code. It is for everybody to "take",
modify and use as they like it. Thats the beauty of it :-)

You can just subclass Button Tag from Text tag and add a crop based on
the bounds calculations. I will check in the code in a couple of days..
hope to get some opinions/feedback by then.
The combination of the basic tags will not get you well "cropped" button
unless you do your text bounds calculation separately, which is
difficult (you need the graphics object to get the correct
fontRenderContext) and should be inside the tag. That is why I am
planning to add the Button tag to the lib.
The good thing about HTML rendered Text Tag is that it supports
multiline and much better formatting.

Your did not mention your views on my questions!
1. Your opinion about the HTML enabled Text tag feature and the best
HTML rendering package to use for it.
2. Is the Button tag required in the taglib?

Thanks,

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com