From Abey Mullassery <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Re: Using Image Taglib when J2EE application is inside (an unpacked) war file.
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:49:47 GMT

It would be nice if others could also post their opinion so that we are
sure of choosing the best solution.

> For our purposes, the third one of your suggestions (being able to use an
> absolute directory path for the "dir" attribute) would be an excellent solution.
> Preferrably, we would then like to configure the "cached" image files to be
> located in /tmp/gen-images directory. We could then periodically do some
> cleaning on the directory, and Image Taglib would re-create those image files
> that are still being referred by our pages.

To make this option work we need attributes to specify that it is an
absolute folder and the prefix to be used for creating the image urls
for the image tag.

Do you think it is better to have a separate tag to do this than to
overload the existing image tag?

Regards,

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com