From Felipe Leme <jakartalis...@felipeal.net>
Subject RE: Where is the Input tag library?
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:04:56 GMT
On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 20:59, Karl von Randow wrote:
> It suggests that an official release is long overdue!

Agreed. Not only i18n, but many other taglibs as well. If I'm not
mistaken, the following taglibs never had a release:

- BSF
- Cache
- JNDI
- Scrape
- Image
- Iterators
- Unstandard
- Input
- XTags

>  I'm a committer on the input taglib. I have some small changes to commit (some addressing
bugs
> currently against the taglib), then I hope we can look to release it?

Sure, please commit them.

> What's involved in making the input taglib an official release?

First, you need to propose a new release and wait until you have enough
committers votes approving it (i.e, three +1 votes - take a look on the
list archive for examples). Then you need to build it at your computer,
sign the jars, upload it to Apache's site and send notification to some
lists. The whole process is described here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html#manager

Remember that you need to change some XML documents (both at i18n's
directory and in the main project) stating what have changed on this
release (if you can describe what bugs have changed, providing links to
them, better yet). Also, I recommend that you ask people from the list
to review the artifacts you generated before I publish the final result.

If you have questions during the process, I can help you in private.

Regards,

Felipe