From Matti Härö <matti.h...@infosto.fi>
Subject Using Image Taglib when J2EE application is inside (an unpacked) war file.
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:44:32 GMT
Hi,

In some of our services, we have JBoss/Jetty as application server. Jetty does
not unpack the war file of our application while in startup, like Tomcat does.
This results in Image Taglib being unable to create a directory "gen-images" for
caching the created, resized image. There is a "dir" attribute for the tag, but
this attribute is handled as relative to the context path, which points, again,
inside the war file. So, using the "dir" attribute does not help with the
problem. Is there a way to specify absolute directory for image caching, or is
there another way of being able to use the Image Tag library with environments
where the war files are never unpacked for execution?

With best regards,
Matti Härö