From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need Help to update a supporting jar file
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 17:30:29 GMT
It would be a good idea for you to read the Commons charter, and especially
the example package proposal, before sending anything to the list. See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html

>From what I can see, PMIW probably would not pass the "intended for use in
server-related development" part of the scope for Jakarta Commons. You might
want to consider Apache Commons instead.

--
Martin Cooper

"Abey Mullassery" <abey@mullassery.com> wrote in message

Glenn,
Thank you for updating the jar. Finally the updated taglib version is
available for download.

As suggested by Felipe, I am planning to propose the addition of PMIW to
jakarta commons. If it is accepted we could change the build to use the
output of that build.
I am assuming that, to make this proposal, all I have to do is send the mail
to the mailing list. Is that assumption right?

Thanks,

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com

> From: Glenn Nielsen <glenn@mail.more.net>
> To: Tag Libraries Developers List <taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org>, Abey
Mullassery <abey@mullassery.com>
> Date: Tue, May-4-2004 7:31 PM
> Subject: Re: Need Help to update a supporting jar file
>
> I updated pmiw.jar on the build system and everything works fine.
>
> Glenn
>
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:48:58PM +0530, Abey Mullassery wrote:
> > Glenn,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your timely help.
> > I have checked in all the latest code. This depends on the new pmiw.jar.
> > It is available at
> > http://www.mullassery.com/downloads/pmiw/pmiw.jar
> >
> > I have successfully run the build multiple times here locally.
> > Let me know if the the build still breaks :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Abey Mullassery
> > http://www.mullassery.com
> >
> > P.S. In general if I can do anything (not necessarily pmiw related) to
help with the build process, do let me know. I would be glad to help.

to know is, where and how can I put the pmiw.jar in the jakarta night build
machine. The build works fine on my local machine but unless I know where to
put the new pmiw.jar on the jakarta build machine and update the
build.properties.sample, the nightly build would break. Hence I need help to
do this.

from
the

build.properties.sample