From "Martin van Dijken" <martin.van.dij...@windgazer.nl>
Subject Custom taglib issues
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 13:25:25 GMT
Hi group,

I hope you'll pardon me for intruding upon this list, but this does seem
to be the most fitting group to put my problem to.

├Źn the past me and a team have built a few websites using custom taglibs
we developed. This was in the pre-JSTL era. These sites all run under
Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.x. One of these sites seems to have a pretty big memory
leak. After as less as 20 minutes up until as much as 8 hours the entire
site crumbles with OutOfMemoryErrors.

The thing I suspect most to be the cause of the leak is the custom tags we
built. Does anybody know of any settings in Tomcat or dumb things in
JSP/tag programming that might cause our taglibs to leak memory
extensively? I've tried turning off tagpooling but that doesn't seem to be
the answer.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Martin van Dijken