From "David Morris" <David.Mor...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Releasing resources
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:15:51 GMT
I am not sure whether this has been asked before but I noticed that the
JSTL tags like forEach can hold references long after completing their
task. Is this something that should be fixed? It seems like it would be
worth it (at least in my case) to set references null after iterating
through the underlying collection. I am not sure whether this is an
issue with the taglib (it does clean up when reset is called) or the tag
pooling implementation of Tomcat (4.1.27). What I am seeing is that in
some cases a tag is never reused causing the tag to hold references
until JSPDestroy is invoked when Tomcat is shut down.

Thanks,

David Morris