From Noah Vihinen <nvihi...@maven.net>
Subject Re: <x:transform/> and mutltiple namespaces in XSL doc
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:07:13 GMT
I ran the command and got
Xalan Java 2.4.1
as well.

That's Mac OS X w/ JDK 1.4.2.

And I also verified that it's the xalan.jar that is the problem by
removing it from the endorsed directory and reproducing the error.

So it would seem from my perspective that it's the version of xalan
being used.  However if Kris isn't having difficulties with the same
version of xalan on Windows, then perhaps it's some other strange
issue.

Thoughts?

Noah

On Mar 9, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Kris Schneider wrote:

> Nope, it's not a TC bug. IIRC, TC only ships with Xerces anyway, not
> Xalan. That
> means you get the version from your JDK. Try running:
>
> java org.apache.xalan.Version
>
> I get:
>
> Xalan Java 2.4.1
>
> For Sun's JDK 1.4.2 on WinXP.
>
> Quoting Noah Vihinen <nvihinen@maven.net>:
>
>> I downloaded the latest copy of Xalan-J and copied the following jars
>> into the $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed directory:
>>
>> xalan.jar
>> xercesImpl.jar
>> xml-apis.jar
>>
>> This fixed the problem with multiple namespaces during an
>> <x:transform/>.  So tomcat ships with bad xml libs.  Do you think I
>> should submit a bug against Tomcat?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Noah
>>
>> On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:00 AM, Kris Schneider wrote:
>>
>>> Good point. I've got the following from Xalan 2.6.0 installed in
>>> $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed:
>>>
>>> xalan.jar
>>> xercesImpl.jar