From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mailer taglib
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:21:55 GMT
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Felipe Leme wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 10:34, Estefano Eduardo wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know when the next stable version will be released?
>

> Martin (Cooper) has fixed a lot of Mailer bugs over the last months, so
> I think it is a good time for a new Mailer release (1.2).
>
> Better yet, we could do a task force and fix the remaining 4 bugs before
> releasing 1.2 (and releasing a 1.2M1 right now, the way it is):
>
> 24715 - Remote SMTP server fix
> 25190 - waitUntilSent attribute for send tag
> 27323 - Remove useless tag <setrecipient>
> 27597 - <mt:attach>: set Content-Type header
>

> Any thoughts???

I have a fix for #24715, but I haven't had the time to test it yet. (I've
been kinda busy with Struts moving to TLP.) I'll probably also apply the
patch attached to #27597. At that point, I'm planning on going forward
with a 1.2 release.

I disagree with the comment in #27323 that <setrecipient> is useless, and
I'm certainly not going to remove a tag in a point release. As for #25190,
I'm also not inclined to change this (especially the comment about the
useless <send> tag) in a point release.

Post 1.2, I do plan on some fairly significant refactoring and other
major changes that would lead to a 2.0 release. That will include some
backwards-compatibility breakage, but add a lot more flexibility in how
messages are created, and how and when they are sent.

--
Martin Cooper