From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Apache License, Version 2.0
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:39:35 GMT
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:02:01PM -0300, Felipe Leme wrote:
>  <snip>
> > In fact, this is a good opportunity to release new versions for each
> > taglib - once we finish the new license transition on each one and
> > pending bugs (for instance, I fixed a couple of dbtags, random and
> > scrape bugs over the week, and was going to send a vote message about
> > releasing new versions).
>
> It is great to see all the renewed activity in taglibs Thanks to
> Pierre, Felipe, Martin, and others.

Just scratching my itch... ;-)

> It will be nice to see some new releases of existing taglibs.
>
> For any of you contemplating being a release manager I wrote up
> some documentation on how to do this at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html

Very nice. I've been doing the RM thing for some time now, for Struts and
a few Jakarta Commons components, so I've got the basic idea down pat, but
there are clearly some Taglibs peculiarities, so this is great.

> This may need updating, its been a while since I looked at it.
>
> Things to add would be verifying that the release uses the new
> Apache 2.0 license. Another thing to add would be generation of
> an MD5 checksum for the release archives. (Some people prefer
> just checking the md5 checksum rather than verifying a PGP
> signature).

Yah, I've been generating both digests and signatures for Struts and
Commons for a while now. The only oddity I've found is that the MD5 files
generated on minotaur seem to need editing to conform to the norm of
what's in such a file.

--
Martin Cooper