From Matti Härö <matti.h...@infosto.fi>
Subject Re: New fitIn tag for image taglib
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:11:23 GMT
Hello,

Lainaus Felipe Leme <jakartalists1@felipeal.net>:

> Regarding Resize and the new FitIn, I think it would be nice if they
> shared a common structure, say a super class called ResizableTagSupport,
> with setters for width, length and scale, an abstract method to do the
> calculations and doStartTag()/doEndTag().

This is basically a good idea. While considering the creation of a common
superclass, we need to remember the difference in handling the tag attributes:

1) FitIn tag has two attributes (width and height) which are both mandatory.
2) Resize tag has three attributes (width, height and scale), of which none
alone is mandatory. Resize tag accepts multiple different combinations of the
tag attributes (width only, height only, scale only, width and height together).

Best regards,
Matti Härö