From Felipe Leme <jakartalis...@felipeal.net>
Subject Re: [vote] dbtags 1.0.0 and random 1.0.2
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:44:29 GMT
On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 21:29, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> > NOTE: un fact, I think we should create a new category of taglibs that
> > are neither deprecated nor supported. Something like obsolete (i.e. the
> > taglib is still supported for JSP 1.1 containers, but it can be replaced
> > for other taglibs in a JSP 1.2 and JSP 2.0). Many of the supported
> > taglibs would fit in this category: dbtags, XTags, Strings, page,
> > application, etc... (anyway, that's a subject for another message)
> >

> How about the term "Legacy"?

Great, that's the term I've been looking for :-)

I'll be analyzing the other taglibs (like io, request, session, scope,
application, xtags, page and response) later to see if they totally fit
as legacy, or if they still have some feature not covered by JSTL (and
if they do, we could probably create a branch for the taglib: the old,
full-features legacy version and the new version, with only the features
not covered by JSTL).

Felipe