From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Jakarta (JSTL) JNDI/LDAP TagLib
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:01:06 GMT

Vincent Keunen wrote:
> If I'm correct, the library does only GET data from an ldap server, it
> never SETs (write) data into it...  So there would be some work to do
> there too.

Yes, this library is read only int erms of the tags implemented.

> Note that there is also a library called easyldap
> (http://easyldap.sourceforge.net/) that seems to do more than the
> current version of the Apache library.  The problem is that it's GPL,
> not Apache.  I contacted the authors to see if they would accept a
> change of license and to gauge their interest in merging their work with
> the one from Apache.  I'm waiting for their reply.  If they accept, the
> work could go faster.

I also have a DirContext taglibrary I've written but I've not separated
from our project on SF. As its author I can release it to Apache.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/thedata/VDC/src/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF/classes/edu/harvard/hmdc/taglib/jndi/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/thedata/VDC/src/UIS/VDC/WEB-INF/tld/vdc/taglib-jndi.tld?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.5

The write part was not that difficult. This library needs alot of work
though.

-Cheers,
Mark

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> Maybe that was why I was stalling too ;-)
>>

>> Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>>> I've been taking a break from taglibs until JSP 2.0 got out so I can
>>> avoid
>>> such things as 'EL-enabling'.
>>>
>>> I'm moving myself to Tomcat 5 now, so interested in LDAP things
>>> except for 1) below.
>>>
>>> Hen

Mark Diggory
Software Developer