From Vincent Keunen <vincent.keu...@manex.be>
Subject Re: Jakarta (JSTL) JNDI/LDAP TagLib
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:48:35 GMT
If I'm correct, the library does only GET data from an ldap server, it
never SETs (write) data into it...  So there would be some work to do
there too.  Note that there is also a library called easyldap
(http://easyldap.sourceforge.net/) that seems to do more than the
current version of the Apache library.  The problem is that it's GPL,
not Apache.  I contacted the authors to see if they would accept a
change of license and to gauge their interest in merging their work with
the one from Apache.  I'm waiting for their reply.  If they accept, the
work could go faster.

Vincent Keunen
Manex, rue Wagner 127, BE-4100 Boncelles, Belgium (map
<http://www.mappy.com/PlanPerso/vincentkeunen/0>)
web: manex.be   phone: +32 4 3303730