From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Plugging in Implicit Objects
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:52:06 GMT
Back to the tag approach for a second. It looks like the Portlet Spec mandates
the existence of the "portlet tag library". If you do something like:

<%@ taglib prefix="portlet" uri="http://java.sun.com/portlet" %>
<portlet:defineObjects/>

Then you get:

renderRequest:  RenderRequest (extends PortletRequest)
renderResponse: RenderResponse (extends PortletResponse)
portletConfig:  PortletConfig

Does that help any? BTW, the <taglib:defineObjects/> action is the recommended
style for defining new implicit objects.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>