From "Michael Nascimento Santos" <mister...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Another bug, spec issue
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:16:44 GMT
> > I agree with that. Isn't there a maintainance release of a spec or
something
> > like that in the JCP? If there is, wouldn't it allow a 1.0.1 spec with
this
> > issue changed (and maybe others)? Does anyone know (I can't read the JCP
> > documment right know, but I will do it if nobody answers my
question...)?

> My memory is hazy, but I believe the reason there is no JSTL 1.0.1 spec
> is because we handed EL to the JSP Expert Group, and we didn't want
> competing EL specs coming out.  Also, the Integer vs Number coercion
> issue and empty on List vs. Collection are more errata than anything else.
>
> It's a very good question... maybe we should write this up and send to
> the JCP Expert group to see if we can't introduce the concept of spec
> errata.

If 1-) there is already a maintainance release provision in the JCP and 2-)
the Expert Group leads find it worthy, it would be possible to actually
publish JSTL 1.0.1 and make standard compliant with that version. That would
solve the issues and others. What do you think?

Michael Nascimento Santos
JSR 207 Expert Group Member
http://today.java.net/pub/au/80
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE
Moderador SouJava - http://www.soujava.org.br