From "Abey Mullassery" <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject RE: How to add the taglib to the sandbox common build?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:47:00 GMT

Glenn,
Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Actually I had foolishly used the "indexOf()" method on a "StringBuffer"
which was introduced in Java 1.4. It did not cross my mind then, maybe
because of the familiarity with the "indexOf()" method of "String" :-P
Now I replaced the use of indexOf() on StringBuffer with indexOf() on a
String to remove dependency on Java 1.4.

The PMIW needs ImageIO (from Java 1.4 or otherwise) and Java Advanced
Imaging to compile. Hence it is supplied as a binary that would not stop the
Image Tag classes compiling. The required implementation is loaded at
runtime based on whichever is available or it defaults to a Java2D and AWT
implementation.

I compiled the code with J2SDK-1.3.1 and tested the Image Tags on
J2SDK-1.3.1 and TC-4.1 now.
I think now the build should go on without a problem.

Thanks,

Abey Mullassery
W: http://www.mullassery.com