From "Frederick N. Brier" <fbr...@multideck.com>
Subject Addition to allow alternate ExpressionEvaluators
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:11:37 GMT
We are using Webwork2 as an app framework on a project (I am actually
using Struts on a different project).  It would be great to be able to
use the JSTL with Webwork's value stack.  Apparently the JSTL (at least
version 1.0) was designed to allow swapping out ExpressionEvaluator(s),
but is missing one small key method in ExpressionEvaluatorManager.

       /**
        * Enhancement to allow plugging in alternate expression engines.
        * @param expressionEvaluator implements the Jakarta JSTL
        * ExpressionEvaluator interface for your app framework.
        */
       public static void installExpressionEvaluator(
    ExpressionEvaluator expressionEvaluator )
       {
          nameMap.put( EVALUATOR_CLASS, expressionEvaluator );
       }

The default behavior is unchanged.  If someone could add this, I would
be extremely grateful.  This is integrated into Webwork with 2 small
classes: A ServletContextListener, that calls the above method and
installs the WebworkExpressionEvaluator, and the
WebworkExpressionEvaluator itself.  Add the listener to your web.xml and
you are done.  The above 2 classes have already been posted to the
Webwork mailing list.  If desired, I could write up a How-To page.
Thank you for your help.

Frederick N. Brier
Multideck Corporation