From Eric W Hauser <ehau...@indiana.edu>
Subject Lack of good error message
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:44:54 GMT
I posted this to taglibs-user, but it's probably better suited for here.
I was wondering about the lack of a useful error message when JSTL
attempts to call a accessor that does not exist.  For instance, calling an
EL expression like ${bean.name} where getName() does not exist in the bean
class.  In this instance, this is just ignored and nothing is output.  I
can see the argument for this, but I also can see the argument for a
JspException in this case.  At least, would it not be useful to include
the option of turning this on a context parameter?  One of my only
complaints about JSTL is the fact that it is difficult to debug because of
this.