From Franck POCHET <franck_poc...@yahoo.com>
Subject PROPOSAL : a sort taglib
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:18:17 GMT
Hello all,

Suppose you have an AddressBook value object that have
the following properties:
- lastname
- firstname
- town
- phone
This VO of course, implement Comparable interface for
a natural order, don't care about which one.
When you diplay a list of address, generally you let
the end-user to sort the list on any column.
The taglib I created permit you to do that in this way
:
<sort:sort name="beanList" attribute="getList"
scope="theScope" field="propertyShouldSort"/>
Eg. we have on session a bean "addressList", to sort
it by phone ascending just do:
<sort:sort name="addressList" scope="session"
field="phone">
For sorting it by town descending :
<sort:sort name="addressList" scope="session"
field="town" order="desc">
This tag permit you also to sort your list on several
columns, for sorting the list by town and by phone
(ORDER BY town, phone) :
<sort:sort name="addressList" scope="session"
field="town">
<sort:resort name="addressList" scope="session"
basefield="town" field="phone">

Tell me how to send you this taglib if your are
interrested.

Best Regards

Franck POCHET