From Pierre Delisle <Pierre.Deli...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JSTL 1.1
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:59:20 GMT
Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> Pierre Delisle wrote:
>
>> JSTL 1.1 runs with any JSP 2.0 container, and that includes the 1.4
>> RI. You should check http://java.sun.com/j2ee for information on the
>> J2EE RI.
>>
>>    -- Pierre
>>
>> Reshat Sabiq wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am interested in the source for several tags in fmt library. I run
>>> in J2EE 1.4 RI (Beta 1). I have downloaded one of the distributions from
>>> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/nightly/src/
>>>
>>> I wonder if this source is something that can cooperate smoothly with
>>> 1.4 RI Beta 1 (it came out in about December), and also where i could
>>> find the source that ships with 1.4 RI Beta 1.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

> I wonder where i could see the JSTL 1.1 spec. I have the one for 1.0,
> and JSTL in 1.4 Beta 1 and 2 violates that spec in several places. I'd
> like to see if perhaps JSTL 1.1 spec requires that behavior. Should i be
> looking somewhere in JSRs, since JSP 2.0 is not finalized yet? Any tips
> would be helpful.

I'm hoping to be able to publish the 1.1 spec as an "Early Access" soon.
In the meantime, your best bet is the change log that you can find at
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr052/JSR52-ChangeLog.html

There should not be any problem with the J2EE 1.4/JSTL 1.1 combo.
Please let me know of any issue.

    -- Pierre