From Dan Shields <dan...@shields.org>
Subject Re: [unstandard] jstl extension
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:34:07 GMT
I'm not exactly sure where my extension should fit into the JSTL taglib
taxonomy.  They are to be considered more experiemental than most because
they rely upon and build interfaces to actively developed projects (also
Apache).

One extension is an interface to the XIndice project, including (so far)
the following two features:

1) query an XIndice server and treat the result as a Java
collection of XML documents.  e.g.,
  <xidc:query
            var="aTerm" scope="page"
            collection="xmldb:xindice:///db/fragments"
            select="/Vocabulary/term[@id='${param.term}']"
     />

2) Submits an XMLDB XUpdate fragment to the XIndice server, e.g:

   <xidc:update
        collection="xmldb:xindice:///db/fragments" resultVar="numElems">
            <xupdate:modifications
version="1.0" xmlns:xupdate="http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate">
                <xupdate:append select="/Vocabulary">
                    <xupdate:element name="term">
                        <xupdate:attribute
name="id">${param.term}</xupdate:attribute>
                        ${param.def}
                    </xupdate:element>
                </xupdate:append>
            </xupdate:modifications>
        </xidc:update>
 <!-- note: EL transformations are applied to the BodyContent -->

Roadmap anyone?

Cheers,
Dan.